Re: setps for refreshing a non RAC DB with RAC DB.

From: Leyi Zhang (Kamus) <"Leyi>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 01:19:02 +0800

Yes, it's really nothing special, but if you wanna do perfectly: 1. Some initial parameter should be changed for single instance database. eg. cluster_database=false
2. Drop the redolog groups which are for other instance 3. Remove undo_tablespace parameter which points to other instances and also drop those undo tablespaces.

Maybe you should check MOS note 358552.1: How to Convert RAC Database to Single Instance, although it's for covert, it's also fit your request, just ignore “Relink Oracle executable” step.

Good luck!

--
Kamus <kamusis_at_gmail.com>

Visit my blog for more : http://www.dbform.com