Re: Steps/DOC for Physical Standby with Real-Time Apply -Creation with Rman Tool.

From: Sheldon Quinny <sheldonquinny_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 15:18:05 +0300

HI Richard,

I have gone thru the doc and even tried to get it implemented, but just hitting some issue with the ending part..

I notice in the DOC>. Step 3
*SQL>alter system set
DB_FILE_NAME_CONVERT='/u01/app/oracle/databases/stdby/data/','/u01/app/oracle/databases/prim/data' scope=spfile;
SQL>alter system set
LOG_FILE_NAME_CONVERT='/u01/app/oracle/databases/stdby/redo/','/u01/app/oracle/databases/prim/redo' scope=spfile;*

and Step 8
*
db_file_name_convert='/u01/app/oracle/databases/prim/data/','/u01/app/oracle/databases/stdby/data/' log_file_name_convert='/u01/app/oracle/databases/prim/redo/','/u01/app/oracle/databases/stdby/redo/' *

The positions of the location of the Primary and Standby are different......

Would this be an error , or I just have to follow it as per the Doc.

Thanks Let me know your feedback..

Sheldon

Richard.Goulet_at_parexel.com> wrote:

>> Check out DOC ID 789370.1 Best one I've seen yet.
>>

>> Dick Goulet
>> Senior Oracle DBA/NA Team Leader
>>

>> ________________________________
On Behalf Of Niall Litchfield
>> Sent: Monday, February 21, 2011 8:47 AM
>> To: Sheldon Quinny
>> Cc: ORACLE-L
>> Subject: Re: Steps/DOC for Physical Standby with Real-Time Apply
-Creation with Rman Tool.

>> real time apply requires standby logs to be created (that step may not be
in the "how to create a standby database using RMAN" excerpt from the docs for your version.

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14239/create_ps.htm#i1225703

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14239/log_apply.htm#i1022881

niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14239/rcmbackp.htm that
you need?

Standby Database with Real-Time Apply.

copy that why I am looking toward Rman for the Cloning.

begin backup and all, But I am trying to explore Rman Capabilities.