Re: Using JDBC to connect to an external database

From: Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 22:36:25 +0100

There's probably others that know more about java than I do - but here's what I would be looking into.

The mysql jdbc driver is nothing but a java class as well isn't it. Did you look at simply loading that into the database and use it in a java stored procedure ? I know you can do it with the oracle driver, so I think it's rather safe to assume it can be done wiht any others as well.

Stefan

Stefan P Knecht
CEO & Founder
s_at_10046.ch