RMAN recover is asking for old archivelog files

From: harshan eppuram <harshan.eppuram_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 15:03:21 +0100

Hi All,

We have 2 node RAC running oracle 10gr2 on solaris 10. We are running rman full hot backup everyday. I was trying alternate node restore. I copied all the backup set to target location. I restored the controlfile. Then I mounted the database. Then I did restore database using rman. that worked. When I tried to recover the database it is asking very old archivelog files from second instance. It is asking the right archivelog file from first instance. Any clue regarding this is apperciated. Funny thing is that it used to work before. Now I am even suspecting my backups.

Regards,
Harshan

--
Harshan Eppurath
040-40214832

Indignation is a submission of our thoughts, but not of our desires.
*Bertrand Russell* <http://www.quoteland.com/author.asp?AUTHOR_ID=429>