Re: Patch sanity check

From: Janine Ohmer <janine_at_furfly.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 15:07:06 -0800

I hope I'm not being dense, but the readme for the PSU says "To install the PSU 11.2.0.2.1 patch, the Oracle home must have the 11.2.0.1.0 Database installed. Subsequent PSU patches can be installed on Oracle Database 11.2.0.1.0 or any PSU with a lower 5th numeral version than the one being installed."

I "ass"umed, from the name of the PSU, and this requirement, that it was going to install the 11.2.0.2.1 update. If that is not the case then I guess I need to install the standalone update and then find a PSU that requires 11.2.0.2.1?

*sigh* As I said, it has been quite a while since I last had access to patches, but I seem to recall this process being a lot more straightforward.

janine