RE: Patch sanity check

From: Amaral, Rui <Rui.Amaral_at_tdsecurities.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 12:56:54 -0500

the patch you are looking for Janine is Patchset 10098816.

normal patch search didn't find it. Use the patching quick links on the side... go figure.

Rui Amaral
Database Administrator
ITS - SSG
TD Bank Financial Group
220 Bay St., 11th Floor
Toronto, ON, CA, M5K1A2
(bb) (647) 204-9106

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2011 12:45 PM To: janine_at_furfly.net
Cc: oracle-l L
Subject: Re: Patch sanity check

Janine, if i'm reading this right, 11.2 and forward patches will be full installs(eventually forced into a new oracle home).

Someone feel free to correct me.

joe

Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional Senior Engineering & Administration Lead
(Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715
From: 	Janine Ohmer <janine_at_furfly.net>
To: 	oracle-l L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
Date: 	02/17/2011 12:42 PM
Subject: 	Patch sanity check
Sent by: 	oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org

________________________________

Ah, the wonderful world of MOS! No wonder you all have been singing its praises! :) Fortunately I remembered to look under RDBMS, even though there is also an entry in the product list for Database. That one bit me many years ago and I have never forgotten it. Not all of the gotchas are new...

I currently have 11.2.0.1.0 installed (Linux x86_64). This is still the version available through OTN, but there is a note there that 11.2.0.2 is available as a patch. However, searching for patches for 11.2.0.1 doesn't produce anything (unless I am missing it, since there is a very long list).

Searching for patches for 11.2.0.2, however, leads me to patch 10248523, which says it is the 11.2.0.2.1 Patch Set Update, and that 11.2.0.1.0 must be installed to use it.

Is this the one I want? And is it just me, or is this a little backwards? I'm used to searching for the version I already have, to see if there are any updates for it, rather than searching for the version I want to update to. This way seems to require a certain amount of clairvoyance... Is it always like this?

thanks,

janine

--
http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l <http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l>

NOTICE: Confidential message which may be privileged. Unauthorized use/disclosure prohibited. If received in error, please go to www.td.com/legal for instructions.
AVIS : Message confidentiel dont le contenu peut être privilégié. Utilisation/divulgation interdites sans permission. Si reçu par erreur, prière d'aller au www.td.com/francais/avis_juridique pour des instructions.