Re: What are your DBA subclasses?

From: Rodd Holman <rodd.holman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 11:46:41 -0600

We work in a similar fashion. However the DBA (me) is very aware about what goes into PROD. I insert myself into design and code reviews. That way, I am aware of what is being put forward. I also have the opportunity to suggest tuning, monitoring, and structural items to the design/development team while it's still a work in progress. It's much easier to get these things in before the project is at implementation stage.

In general our 3 DBA's are product/project directed, but we are jack-of-all-trades DBA's. In a shop our size, we do it all.

--Rodd