Re: Need some ideas to create a disk IOPS profile for a RHEL 5.3 64bit system

From: Karl Arao <karlarao_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 10:14:30 +0800

BTW, another thing..

the awr_iowl has the following columns

AAS
RMAN CPU
CPU IO WAIT Utilization
OS Load
Single Block R/W IOPS
Multi Block R/W IOPS
R/W MB/s
Total R/W IOPS
R/W Ratio
HW Disk IOPS
HW # of Disks

The first three columns relates to performance and load of the database. This will let you know if a specific SNAP_ID with particular IOPS or MB/s is already waiting on IO.. or has high AAS or there could be an RMAN backup on going..

Showing the data this way you'll not be blinded by the performance behind the IOPS and MB/s numbers. Plus you'll get the detail if it's a single or multi block read or write activity.

--
Karl Arao
karlarao.wordpress.com