RE: Need some ideas to create a disk IOPS profile for a RHEL 5.3 64bit system

From: CRISLER, JON A (ATTCORP) <"CRISLER,>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 18:33:24 -0500

How are you generating the load ? Orion is a good tool in that regard.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Taylor, Chris David Sent: Friday, February 11, 2011 2:11 PM
To: 'oracle-l_at_freelists.org'
Subject: Need some ideas to create a disk IOPS profile for a RHEL 5.3 64bit system

Ok,

The subject pretty much says it all - I need some ideas on how to create an IO profile (specific to the disk I/O) for a server over "x" amount of time under the following constraints:

1.) Grid Control is not installed, but DBConsole is

2.) I have access to all standard system tools such as iostat, sar, etc

3.) I have access to the database itself with AWR data collection enabled

I need to capture average reads & writes along with queue amounts and times.

I have used sar -dp for short intervals, but I have to modify the output with vim and then import into excel to get it in a nice readable format. There has got to be a better way.

Thanks,

Chris