Re: TRIGGER may not see it

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 10:16:36 -0800

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 5:48 AM, Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_roughsea.com>wrote:

> You may find this useful:
>

> http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/asktom/ASKTOM.download_file?p_file=6551198119097816936

I've used that method in a paper/presentation on normalization.

Why do you need the workaround in Kyte's article?

Because you are working with poorly designed database, as I am sure you already know. :)

This was the point in my presentation - if you are trying to work around mutating table errors, you should revisit the design if possible.

While the workaround for mutating tables does work, it is very convoluted. In your case Stephane, I know I am preaching to the choir, but there are lots of other readers here. :)

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Oracle Blog: http://jkstill.blogspot.com Home Page: http://jaredstill.com