Question about Oracle and DBA_DIRECTORIES

From: Thomas Day <tomdaytwo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 09:47:18 -0500

I don't have much experience using directories in Oracle (Oracle 10 on Windows Server 2003). I've taken over an instance with very little documentation. I don't believe any of these directories below are usable.
OWNER                          DIRECTORY_NAME

DIRECTORY_PATH
SYS                            DATA_PUMP_DIR
F:\oracle\product\10.2.0/admin/starsdev/dpdump/
SYS                            WORK_DIR

F:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db/work
SYS                            ORACLE_OCM_CONFIG_DIR
F:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db/ccr/state

NOTE the combination of left \ and right / slashes. Maybe my predecessor was trying to combine the best of Windows and Unix.

I'm not sure what they'd be used for and I obviously can't find them under Windows. I'd like some confirmation that this is just plain bad data before I blow it away.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Feb 11 2011 - 08:47:18 CST

Original text of this message