Re: How much RAM is to much

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 13:54:22 -0600

That's a rather off the wall comment Everyone uses direct IO, its standard for Oracle these days. I suppose some people may disable it if they are using a file system (I rather doubt), but am not even sure you can configure ASM to not use it. I cant imagine why anyone would try, for that matter.

Andrew W. Kerber