Re: DB move

From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 22:57:42 -0300

This is just from the top of my head... but if the endians don't change, you could use RMAN to duplicate the DB, then stop the primary (lock it up), apply the archives to the new db, and open it. Downtime should be minimal and you can duplicate to ASM (it takes a little effort, but it's possible)

Of course, I may be way off the mark, but it's worth looking into it...

Oh, and of course, you can always datapump between dbs, assuming 10g+

Of course, there's always goldengate, but I reckon it's a wee bit expensive...
Alan.-