Re: EXTERNAL: Re: RedHat 6, Oracle 11gr2, RAC using ASM....

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 19:13:47 +0000

Not at all. RHEL6 is not yet certified (I think) but asmlib is a convenience for which there are alternatives. It isn't required - even for ASM. I suspect shortly after OEL 6 arrives (if it hasn't yet) then asmlib will appear for that version (and work on RHEL with the same kernel).

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 6:33 PM, Grabowy, Chris <chris.grabowy_at_lmco.com>wrote:

> Yes, ASMlib. And yes, there are three RPMs for it.
>

> It seems that it is only available with Oracle Unbreakable Linux, but it is
> not offered with Redhat 6.
>

> Are we being forced to use OUL? Redhat 6 is not an option?

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
http://www.orawin.info