Re: Obtain stats on packages and functions within packages

From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 14:13:06 -0700

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. When I told my VP it was going to take some time to get the info on the packages, he decided he didn't need it. He was pleased with the info I pulled about the tables.

I still want to find info on what functions are being used in the packages because I want to clean things up. We have several packages that are over 5,000 lines long and I know for a fact that there are huge sections in one package that is old code commented out rather than removed. Obviously, that code should be removed, but I suspect--and a developer I trust has told me--that there are functions that are never used anymore even though they've never been commented out. This is part of an efficiency project I'm working on that will involve developer training so we don't end up here again.

--

Sandy
Transzap, Inc.

--