Re: point in time recovery when there is no backup ?

From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 12:00:11 -0800 (PST)

You cannot in this circumstance as you have no starting point from which to apply older logs. It doesn't matter that you have the logs available, the database has long since left any earlier starting point in the dust without a backup from that time.

David Fitzjarrell

From: Syed Jaffar Hussain <sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com> To: TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com
Cc: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>; oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org Sent: Wed, February 2, 2011 1:50:34 PM
Subject: Re: point in time recovery when there is no backup ?

Just to make the point clear. Neither there is any prior backup nor any flashback feature is enabled. The db is in archive log mode and fortunately all the archive logs are available. I need to duplicate this database to back in time, probably a day before.

Regards,

I do agree with you. Just trying out for my luck if any one would come to my (actually my friend's) rescue in this context.