RE: point in time recovery when there is no backup ?

From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge_at_uptime.be>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 20:54:51 +0100

The only thing I can think of is, if it has been enabled, with flashback database. To verify if flashback database has been enabled query the v$database view for the column flashback_on. If is has been enabled you can query v$flashback_database_log for the oldest time to which you can flash back.

Regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator
email: freek.dhooge_at_uptime.be
tel +32(0)3 451 23 82
http://www.uptime.be
disclaimer: www.uptime.be/disclaimer
---

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Syed Jaffar Hussain Sent: woensdag 2 februari 2011 20:41
To: Oracle-L Freelists
Subject: point in time recovery when there is no backup ?

Dear List,

I have an Oracle database configured in Archivelog mode running for the past couple months. Unfortunately, there is no backup has been taken so far, however, I am in need to clone the database back in time. Is this possible I can duplicate this database back in time? Any points suggestion would be a great help.

Regards,

Jaffar
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Feb 02 2011 - 13:54:51 CST