Re: Obtain stats on packages and functions within packages

From: Subodh Deshpande <deshpande.subodh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 19:48:38 +0530

Sandra,

nothing is impossible..ask why it is required..how many are your users, what your application does..because I belive there is no direct way to do it..

a best application is one which uses maxmimum number of objects (pacakges, procedures, functions, triggers etc) instead of ananonyms blocks..same object can be used in various other sections of applications..do you have a detailed document of each of these objects first of all..if not then you have to first prepare them, then you have to decide which object monitoring is needed..

and then you need to do some changes(some archictural changes are required, definately it is going to be a load on system, monitoring trigger firing event is not easy...are they ready for al lthese ), you need to capture the data like whenever any object is called, some routine should write somewhere the details such as object name, form/report name, module name, user, session and timestamps..then and then only you can get some information
thanks..subodh

--
DO NOT FORGET TO SMILE TODAY