Re: Obtain stats on packages and functions within packages

From: Slim Dave <slimdave_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 05:58:37 -0800 (PST)

To the VP and CEO ... "Boy, this would be really easy if the developers would instrument their code with DBMS_Application_Info, just like so many other companies do .. it's a real shame we have to jump through these expensive, time-consuming hoops to do what ought to be so straightforward if only they would ... etc" ;) > >From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com> >To: gus.spier_at_gmail.com >Cc: gajav_at_yahoo.com; oracle-l <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> >Sent: Thu, 27 January, 2011 15:13:31 >Subject: Re: Obtain stats on packages and functions within packages > > >Unfortunately, no. Although I have mentioned it more than once, development >refuses to even consider it. I've got meetings all day today but tomorrow I >want to start looking into the DBA_HIST views to see if I can figure out how to >pull out the package/function information. I was hoping someone had already >written a script so I don't have to re-invent the wheel. Never hurts to learn >things on your own of course. >Sandy > >On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Gus Spier <gus.spier_at_gmail.com> wrote: > >Sandra, is there any chance that the packages and functions have been >"instrumented"? That is, has anybody taken advantage of DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO? >that would certainly make your task easier. >> >>Gus >> >> >> >>Sandy >>Transzap, Inc. >>