Re: Do I need tnsnames.ora to connect to the DB with dynamic listener registration

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 07:46:10 +0000

Hi

If it helps you think about dynamic service registration as being all about the server advertising its services. tnsnames is all about clients being told where to look for a particular service, and what to ask for when they get there.

On 27 Jan 2011 21:43, "sundar mahadevan" <sundarmahadevan82_at_gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,
Sorry about this basic question. I can understand how dynamic registration works but does dynamic listener service registration completely eliminate the use of tnsnames.ora or do i keep the tnsnames.ora and change the sid to service_name. Thanks in advance.