ProIV and Oracle?

From: Newman, Christopher <cjnewman_at_uillinois.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 09:49:53 -0600

Greetings all,

We're running Oracle 10.2.0.4 on Solaris 10, with a PROIV application running on a remote application server. We aren't seeing any waits in the database, it appears that all the waits are SQL net related. When the application runs on the DB server itself, using BEQ and without the listener running, things are quite speedy. It appears the application executes a single statement, then performs (for example), 10,000 fetches, which is where the time is spent.

So far we've done 10046 traces that show no DB waits, sqlnet tracing which only shows the connection (all work done in a single threaded, single connection), truss'd the ProIV process (Nothing to see there, just the network waits), and checked the network (it's OK, sub 1ms response times between hosts).

Has anyone experienced this? Are there other diagnostics we can run? Anyone know how to speed up ProIV? Our vendor says that ProIV is what it is, so application changes won't affect the performance (The sql code looks fine to me)

-Chris

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Jan 27 2011 - 09:49:53 CST

Original text of this message