11gR2 smart flash cache

From: Zhu,Chao <zhuchao_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 18:24:19 +0800

hi, List friends,

   Oracle has been promoting this flash cache as second tier cache for oracle for a while; Just wondering whether anyone has used this within the industry?

   We typically have 30gb-60gb SGA supporting 1TB-4TB database; We found usually 30gb or 60gb cache size does not really matter much for majority of our database(some has big diff though, depends on workload profile/active dataset); But a 300gb flashdisk might make huge difference, and help reduce the IOPS load on the SAN side?

   Looking forward to industry experience;

Thx

--

Regards