RE: Oracle 9.2 Instant Client question

From: Goulet, Richard <Richard.Goulet_at_parexel.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 22:38:31 -0500

Walt,

    I don't remember their being an Instant Client with 9i. I believe it started with 10g.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Walt Weaver Sent: Monday, December 27, 2010 9:38 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Oracle 9.2 Instant Client question

I'm mainly a MySQL dba now, but I got a request today to find out if it's possible to install the 9.2 Instant Client on Linux RHEL5. From what I've found, not only is it not available for RHEL5 but it's nowhere to be found now.

I DO have a copy of the Linux version of the Oracle client that's over a year old, but I don't think it's the instant client.

I also don't what I'm supposed to do is possible, but if anyone has any information that might help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
--Walt Weaver

  Bozeman, Montana

--