oracle restart

From: goran bogdanovic <goran00_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 11:50:06 +0100

Hi,

I recently checked this new oracle feature and come to a conclusions that 'oracle restart' doesn't restart automatically resources (e.g. listener) if being stopped manually using regular tools (e.g. lsnrctl). In docs I have also found that this is intended behaviour of 'oracle restart'
<>

Oracle utilities such as SQL*Plus, the Listener Control utility (LSNRCTL), and ASMCMD are integrated with Oracle Restart. If you shut down the database with SQL*Plus, Oracle Restart does not interpret this as a database failure and does not attempt to restart the database. Similarly, if you shut down the Oracle ASM instance with SQL*Plus or ASMCMD, Oracle Restart does not attempt to restart it.
<>

Does anyone knows is there any way to change this behaviour for specific resource (like setting attribute) ... i.e. even if resource has been stopped manually (not using srvctl or crsctl) 'oracle restart' will attempt to restart it.

many thanks,
goran