RE: Critical data recovery 10gR2

From: Amaral, Rui <Rui.Amaral_at_tdsecurities.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 13:21:32 -0500

duplicate the database with the skip tablespace clause:

RMAN: Creating a Duplicate Database [ID 73912.1]

Duplicate Database Without Connecting To Target And Without Using RMAN [ID 732625.1]

How To Create A Production (Full or Partial) Duplicate On The Same Host [ID 388424.1]

Example of the dup database with skip in the following:

RMAN 'Duplicate Database' Feature in Oracle9i / 10G and 11G [ID 228257.1]

Rui Amaral
Database Administrator
ITS - SSG
TD Bank Financial Group
220 Bay St., 11th Floor
Toronto, ON, CA, M5K1A2
(bb) (647) 204-9106

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Sandra Becker Sent: Thursday, December 23, 2010 12:59 PM To: oracle-l
Subject: Critical data recovery 10gR2

Oracle 10.2.0.4

We have lost critical data in four different tables. I need to recover the data from 4 days ago but cannot do a restore of the production database. Once many years ago, a coworker created a new database restoring only the tablespaces we needed but neither of us took notes on what we did. Does anyone have a whitepaper or script to get me going in the right direction? I also am researching Metalink but haven't found an answer yet.

--
Sandy
Transzap, Inc.

NOTICE: Confidential message which may be privileged. Unauthorized use/disclosure prohibited. If received in error, please go to www.td.com/legal for instructions.
AVIS : Message confidentiel dont le contenu peut être privilégié. Utilisation/divulgation interdites sans permission. Si reçu par erreur, prière d'aller au www.td.com/francais/avis_juridique pour des instructions.