Re: SQLPLUS training, why?

From: OKH <okh_at_oraconsult.de>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 10:07:36 +0100

Hi

U*nix guys don't ask why to use shell.

sqlplus is not only a command line interface but also "glue" for programming scripts and concatenating steps. you can bring in interactivity and error handling, etc. It is like shell programming. Most of the "script"-features are not available in GUI tools. And like others already mentioned, you can use it wherever you go. As a freelancer you cannot count on tools - just SQL*plus. Take a look at Tanel Poders script library ... at all his snapper-tool. Probably you can convince them with its outstanding way how he programmer it.

Merry Christmas

Felix