Re: mix ANSI and Oracle JOINs?

From: Ron Crisco <>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 08:20:35 -0600

Even if there's no technical reason involving the Oracle optimizer, it just makes sense to write code that's easily maintainable and understandable. I would consider mixing the syntax like that to be confusing to someone else reading it in the future, and that's enough reason for me to avoid it.

Also, please consider a recent blog post by Jonathan Lewis:

I think it's likely that mixing the two would cause some problem in the CBO, and although I can't find a case yet to prove it, I wouldn't mix them.

Ron Crisco