Re: roles + pl/sql

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist2_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 13:30:31 -0600 (CST)

I understood the answer to be the overhead involved in context switching to validate the executed SQL statements within the PL/SQL. Invoker's rights would eliminate this overhead (perhaps only done once per procedure), since the context would already be known at execution time.

But I haven't been able to google confirmation of that. And since Tom Kyte is, well Tom Kyte, perhaps I was mistaken, or it no longer applies with advances in PL/SQL in recent releases. Or maybe that's what Tom is indirectly saying...

My $.02,
Rich