OCR Symbolic Links gone

From: Uzzell, Stephan <SUzzell_at_MICROS.COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 08:29:49 -0500

Morning, all,

I've been trying to migrate an OCFS RAC to ASM, and have run into some potential trouble. Somehow my symbolic links pointing at the OCR and OCR mirror location seem to have disappeared. Therefore the CS service won't start - it cannot find the cluster registry. The Oracle Object Manager GUI does not show any links, or even any partitions which could be linked.

Without the links, I cannot reformat those partitions; without a list of partitions in the Object Manager, I cannot create links. Is there anything left at this point other than a full reinstall of the CRS?

Thanks!

10.2.0.4 on Windows...

Stephan Uzzell | MICROS Systems, Inc.

Database Administrator - OPERA Global Technical Services 7031 Columbia Gateway Dr, Columbia, MD 21046 | * 443.285.8000x2760 | 7 443.285.6505