Re: use external table to read alert log

From: Hemant K Chitale <hemantkchitale_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 08:01:46 +0800

How large is the alert.log that you consider using parallel query ?

Hemant K Chitale
http://hemantoracledba.blogspot.com
sent from my smartphone

On Dec 9, 2010 7:04 AM, "Lei Zeng" <lzeng_at_yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

 Hi:

I have read few notes about using external table to read alert log.

http://proracle.wordpress.com/how-to-read-oracle-alert-log-file-using-external-table/

My question is: is it guaranteed that the line number in the file will be kept the same as rownum in the table?

I am wondering if I use parallel option to read a file, the sequence of lines in the file will be kept?

If no, is there other option to accomplish that?

Thanks,

Lei