Re: Corrupt rollback segment

From: Gus Spier <gus.spier_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 21:58:08 -0500

Thanks for all the helpful responses!

The story up to now:
We are performing restore/recover to a point in time where we know we were still good.

Oracle Support did come through for me, and worked under less than optimum support conditions (gov't agency doesn't allow logs or trace files to leave the environment)

The lesson learned: Even 20 Terabyte SANs can run out of disk space if you configure it to take a snapshot often enough!

Thanks for the help!

Gus