Re: Is my Oracle Server issuing more IO than it can handle

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 17:55:48 +0000

And finally the wait time for log file sync is way too high (like at least 1 if not 2 orders of magnitude) . This can be an indication of either poorly performing storage (I got to learn this when we had a client with a duff disk in a raid 5 array on which the redo logs had been located!) or due to CPU starvation. I don't believe it is ever a symptom of memory problems though..

Given your other stats, I'd *guess* at the disk subsystem, but want to take more observations.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA