Re: VIPCA can't work manually at installing RAC 10g

From: Mostafa Eletriby <m_etrib_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 06:12:42 -0800 (PST)

Hello Harel,
Thanks for your advice.

I performed this action & followed the document but I got this error.

[root_at_rac2 bin]# pwd

/u01/crs/oracle/product/10.2.0/crs/bin

[root_at_rac2 bin]# ./vipca

PRKH-1010 : Unable to communicate with CRS services.   [OCR Error(Native: prsr_initCLSS:[21])] PRKH-1010 : Unable to communicate with CRS services.   [OCR Error(Native: prsr_initCLSS:[21])] PRKH-1010 : Unable to communicate with CRS services.   [OCR Error(Native: prsr_initCLSS:[21])]
[root_at_rac2 bin]#

Also I added that line:unset command ,   at files vipca and srvctl unset LD_ASSUME_KERNEL

As mentioned at oracle installation full article,at files vipca and srvctl but still don't work.
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/hunter-rac10gr2-iscsi-3-090828.html

Any solution will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot for your advice.

From: Harel Safra <harel.safra_at_gmail.com> Subject: Re: VIPCA can't work manually at installing RAC 10g To: m_etrib_at_yahoo.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org, oracle-tips_at_freelists.org Date: Saturday, December 4, 2010, 8:31 AM

  Mostafa,

    vipca and srvctl set the ld_assume_kernel in the script itself. You
    need to comment out the lines that set the variable in the script.

    You can find details here:

    http://mpoojari.wordpress.com/?s=vipca

    Harel Safra

    On 04/12/2010 12:14, Mostafa Eletriby wrote:

            Hello DBAs,

              I have a problem at running VIPCA manually at installing
              RAC 10g environment

              Platform: OEL 5.2

              RAC: 10gR2

              [root_at_rac2 bin]# pwd

              /u01/crs/oracle/product/10.2.0/crs/bin

              [root_at_rac2 bin]# ./vipca

              /u01/crs/oracle/product/10.2.0/crs/jdk/jre//bin/java:
              error while loading shared libraries: libpthread.so.0:

              [root_at_rac2 bin]#

              I have checked existence of LD_ASSUME_KERNEL variable in
              my environment

              (after unsetting it):

              echo $LD_ASSUME_KERNEL

              And output is black which assure that it is unset.

              Also I followed this document that may solve the problem
              but no solution.

              http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=1615978&#1615978

              It is a bug at oracle & has many workarounds as I see.

              Please try to solve my problem, & advice me how to
              undo any changes I made at environment files.

              Thanks a lot.