RE: Exadata Storage Server - Flash card monitoring

From: Vishal Gupta <vishal_at_vishalgupta.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 08:57:19 -0500 (EST)

Does it put these failure message in /var/log/message file etc? I want to integrate failures on Exadata into our enterprise monitoring. I can watch for system error logfile for particular messages. But don't want to receive emails or check manually.

From: K Gopalakrishnan [mailto:kaygopal_at_gmail.com] Sent: 02 December 2010 20:28
To: Vishal Gupta
Cc: Oracle - L
Subject: Re: Exadata Storage Server - Flash card monitoring

Vishal,

If the flash card is failed, you should probably get an email alert (if configured), You can also go to cellcli and query for alertmessage related to flash.

-Gopal

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 1:45 PM, Vishal Gupta <vishal_at_vishalgupta.com> wrote:

Does anyone know, how are flash card failures monitored on Exadata storage server?

Also does anyone has the links to Exadata documentation? Oracle seems to have hidden it from public. Is it available somewhere within MOS?

Regards,
Vishal--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Sat Dec 04 2010 - 07:57:19 CST

Original text of this message