Re: library cache get hit ratio

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 16:36:39 -0800

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Zelli, Brian <Brian.Zelli_at_roswellpark.org>wrote:

> I am seeing my lib cache get hit ratio at 60-70%. What I read says it
> should be above 90%. It says if it is low to increase shared pool size. I
> doubled it and still see no difference.
> Anything else to change?
>
> It also says to improve the efficiency of the app code but the developers
> are using a tool that creates the app and are clueless as to what's under
> the hood.

Have a look at MetaLink Note:148511.1

That's the note I referenced in my db_cache_advice script, so it probably has some useful information on how to use the v$db_cache_advice view to determine if changing your cache size will be of any real benefit.

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Oracle Blog: http://jkstill.blogspot.com Home Page: http://jaredstill.com