Qustion on Select statement

From: Storey, Robert \(DCSO\) <"Storey,>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 14:37:29 -0600

I've written a query to produce a flat file through the use of the Spool command. Everything works perfectly except for one small detail.

By default, the output of a Select statement has a default colsep of a blank. So, my formatting is way off due to a single blank being inserted between each of the returned values in my line.

Select rpad(value1,15), rpad(value2,12), rpad(value3,8)

From <table>

Where value1 > 100.

So, what I get is (using a $ for blanks and a * for the field padding).

Value1*********$value2******$value3**

Is there a way or a setting that would disable the separation between values returned in a Select?

Thanks, Bob