Fw: direct IO

From: <Laimutis.Nedzinskas_at_seb.lt>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 07:36:43 +0200

true but as I said we do have full scans:

       > We've got seriously increased times for statistics gathering which
      does

> > full scan naturally - we've found 2 full scan sqls on the same
table
> > clearly comming from dbms_stats package

The last thing I would like to play with are oracle hidden parameters ( I'am too old for that :)))) )

             Dion Cho
             <ukja.dion_at_gmail.
             Sent by:                  rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com
             oracle-l-bounce_at_f                                          cc
             reelists.org              jcmiranda_at_oesia.com,
                                       przemolicc_at_poczta.fm, oracle list
                                       <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
             2010.11.29 03:37                                      Subject
                                       Re: direct IO

             Please respond to
             ukja.dion_at_gmail.c
                    om

I believe that you would need to increase the buffer cache size to compensate OS file cache vanished by direct I/O.

Dion Cho - Oracle Performance Storyteller
http://dioncho.wordpress.com. (english)
http://ukja.tistory.com. (korean)
http://sites.google.com/site/otpack (tpack)
================================

2010/11/28 Mohammad Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com>
      You did not mention oracle version. Try to get it set aio-max-nr to
      1048576 (default is 65536). If it is 10.2.0.5 then it must be 1048576
      as a  work around.

      Regards
      Rafiq

      > From: jcmiranda_at_oesia.com

      > To: przemolicc_at_poczta.fm; oracle-l_at_freelists.org
      > Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 12:58:22 +0100
      > Subject: RE: direct IO

      > We are getting
      >
      > WARNING:io_submit failed due to kernel limitations MAXAIO for
      process=128 pending aio=110
      > WARNING:asynch I/O kernel limits is set at AIO-MAX-NR=3145728
      AIO-NR=77074
      > WARNING:Oracle process running out of OS kernel I/O resources (1)
      > WARNING:Oracle process running out of OS kernel I/O resources (1)
      > WARNING:Oracle process running out of OS kernel I/O resources (1)
      >
      > on several systems with linux pppc64 and it seems there are no
      patch for this error on this platform.
      > I can´t tell if direct i/o is slower.
      >
      > Anyone know how to solve this problem?

      En nombre de przemolicc_at_poczta.fm [przemolicc_at_poczta.fm]