Re: unable to add disks to asm diskgroup

From: Steve Harville <steve.harville_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 05:37:12 -0500

> Out of curiosity, may I ask why you explicitly set asm_diskstring when you
> are using asmlib? It should have been sufficient to leave it to the empty
> string, or alternatively set to 'ORCL:*'.

I had this problem yesterday. Everything was working using ORCL:*. Then after rebooting ASM couldn't open any of the devices. I changed the diskstring to /dev/oracleasm/disks/* and ASM could open them fine. This was the first reboot after the Grid 11.2 install.

Steve Harville

http://www.linkedin.com/in/steveharville