Re: partitioning

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_evdbt.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 08:05:07 -0700

    Brian,

Depending on how the status column gets updated, you could list partition on it and just enable row-migration.  That way, an UPDATE to the partition-key column would result in the row being deleted from one partition and inserted into the other.

Hope this helps...
Tim Gorman
consultant -> Evergreen Database Technologies, Inc.
postal     => P.O. Box 630791, Highlands Ranch CO  80163-0791
website    => http://www.EvDBT.com/
email      => Tim_at_EvDBT.com
mobile     => +1-303-885-4526
fax        => +1-303-484-3608
Lost Data? => http://www.ora600.be/ for info about DUDE...

On 11/15/2010 7:15 AM, Zelli, Brian wrote:
Ok folks it's been awhile since I had to partition.  So the user wants the partition done once a month (for now) based on values in a column.  He wants to keep active-type records current and partition off completed or cancelled records.  So basically I would set up a script to run on the 1st that would look at the values and just partition off correct?

ciao,

Brian

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.
-- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Nov 15 2010 - 09:05:07 CST

Original text of this message