Re: 11.2.0.2: Why is the local listener listening on public ip?

From: Yechiel Adar <adar666_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 08:07:05 +0200

It is not a good practice to remove the public IP from the listener. It will cause connections to fail.
When the RAC decide that one server is overloaded and the connection has to be handled by another node,
it returns to the client with the public IP of the new node, and tell the client to connect to this IP.

So you put only the VIP in the tnsnames, but let the listener to accept connections on public IP.

Yechiel