RE: moving to a new san array

From: Amaral, Rui <Rui.Amaral_at_tdsecurities.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 08:49:53 -0500

I have done this on 11.1.0.7 as Paul suggested.

We had the 2 arrays available on the host. I added an ocr copy then dropped the one to the old array and so on...

the following is the note I used for this:

OCR / Vote disk Maintenance Operations: (ADD/REMOVE/REPLACE/MOVE) [ID 428681.1]

The examples they have is from raw to block device but the process is the same from one diskgroup to another.

Rui Amaral
Database Administrator
ITS - SSG
TD Bank Financial Group
220 Bay St., 11th Floor
Toronto, ON, CA, M5K1A2
(bb) (647) 204-9106

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Paul McManus Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 8:39 AM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: RE: moving to a new san array

If you can attach both new and old SANs to the same cluster then you could add OCR and voting disk on the new SAN and remove from the old?

I have migrated single instance databases from old to new SAN on ASM using RMAN and the "backup as copy" method which was simple and had minimal downtime. Just need to manually sort out the move of the controlfiles, redo logs, Archivelogs etc but that can be sorted out

PMcM

_DISCLAIMER: This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ("the intended recipient(s)") to whom it is addressed.

It may contain information which is privileged, proprietary and/or confidential within the meaning of applicable law.

If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this message (including any attachments) is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender of this message as soon as possible.

The views or opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and may not necessarily be the views held by Maxima Holdings plc. Maxima Holdings plc. Cotswold Court, Lansdown Road, Cheltenham, Glos, GL50 2JA. Registered in England. 5043538. VAT Number - 728778184

This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System. For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email

NOTICE: Confidential message which may be privileged. Unauthorized use/disclosure prohibited. If received in error, please go to www.td.com/legal for instructions. AVIS : Message confidentiel dont le contenu peut être privilégié. Utilisation/divulgation interdites sans permission. Si reçu par erreur, prière d'aller au www.td.com/francais/avis_juridique pour des instructions.