moving to a new san array

From: ed lewis <eglewis71_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 07:12:10 -0500

Hi,

    We're migrating our disks from the current San arrray to a new San array. In do this, the path names for the ocr, voting disks, and asm disks will change. The configuration is 2-node Rac cluster. (solaris 10, ,asm, oracle 10.2.0.4 throughout)

     I'm looking at different ways to migrate the OCR, and voting disks to the new array. I found a note on MOS which outlines the steps, that are needed to recreate the ocr/voting disks, that have accidentally been deleted. I am hoping to find another solution.

    We have 2 ocr, and 3 voting disks. I was thinking of removing 1 of each from the current array, and then recreating them on the new array. This would be done before the migration. I'm not crazy about this solution either.

    I've also looked at doing an export/import of the OCR after the san is migrated, but I don't think that will work.

      For the ASM devices, I have been told that there is nothing to do. ASM will handle this in its own way, and migrate successfully. Can anyone verify this ?

    Has anyone done a san migration with RAC ? Any suggestions on how to do this ?

        Thanks for your time.

    ed