Re: Why is Oracle unaffordable?

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 15:10:37 +0000

If you are a software developer looking to embed an RDBMS into your product you'll likely want to talk to them about an "Application Specific Full Use" license. It'll allow you to sell your app with an oracle backend. If the db won't be larger than 4gb and will run on a single cpu then Oracle Express will likely do.

Niall

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA