Re: Export error in 10.2.0.4 database stating temp tablespace is offline but it's not

From: Jozsef Horvath <horvathjozsef_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 12:30:50 +0000

Hi Jason,

Since it is "just" a temporary tablespace probably the easiest and quickest "solution" is to drop and re-create it.
I guess the tempfile got corrupted when your server panicked that could be an explanation why the exp utility thinks it is offline. Just an idea: It might be worth to run dbv -if it is not done yet- against the datafiles to see if any of them got corrupted when the server panicked.

  • Jozsef