Re: JAVA in the database

From: Hemant Chitale <hemantkchitale_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 21:44:35 +0800

No, they are not tightly. They are completely independent. Ask the developers which installation they are using.

Hemant K Chitale.
Sent from a smartphone.

On Nov 3, 2010 9:32 PM, <TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com> wrote:

Ok so I have to plead complete ignorance here.

I have a request from developers to "update java to newer version", I thought the JVM that is installed into the database is completely separate from what is installed on the unix server, what am I missing? They are not tightly coupled or are they?

joe

Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional Senior Engineering & Administration Lead
(Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715