connection pooling in Siebel

From: Zhu,Chao <zhuchao_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 08:30:04 +0800

hi, List friends;

   we are deploying a siebel application, and vendor(oracle) is asking us to support 10000+ session in our Siebel database(running on 10204/M5000);

   Memory is not a problem, but we were concerned about 1000)+ session(that means process in default dedicated server mode); We had pretty bad experience with high connection count running on a solaris server in E-enterprise days;

   Siebel consulting is saying enable connection pooling is going to cause performance problem, just want to hear rom industry friends, on your siebel application, do you enable connection pooling? Sounds to me a very basic requirement on enterprise applicatrion most of them do connection pooling;

  Looking forward to see your share on industry experience; thx

--

Regards
Zhu Chao

--