Re: 11gR2 - optimizer_dynamic_sampling issue

From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 14:32:51 -0700 (PDT)

Yep.... that's exactly what it was. Found the answer about 10 min's after I posted the question here. Thanks for the reply!

RF

 Robert G. Freeman
Master Principal Consultant, Oracle Corporation, Oracle ACE Author of various books on RMAN, New Features and this shorter signature line. Blog: http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com

From: Greg Rahn <greg_at_structureddata.org> To: robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com
Cc: oracle-l <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Sat, October 30, 2010 3:06:00 PM
Subject: Re: 11gR2 - optimizer_dynamic_sampling issue

In 11.2.0.2 there dynamic sampling was changed to use a dynamic level if 1) optimizer_dynamic_sampling is set to the default (of 2) and 2) parallel execution is used. The level is based on the size of the object so larger objects will get a higher level.

More here:
http://blogs.oracle.com/optimizer/2010/08/dynamic_sampling_and_its_impact_on_the_optimizer.html

--
Regards,