monitoring services on RAC

From: coskan gundogar <coskan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 12:25:31 +0100

Hi All,

I need to start monitoring the rac services if they are on preferred or available instance for an issue we are having.before reinventing the wheel I wonder if somebody is doing something similar. I would really appreciate if you have a monitoring like this in place especially for nagios

I wish Oracle add a column PREFERRED, AVAIABLE to gv$services and gv$active_services but this info can only be gathered from srvctl and it needs a lot of string manipulation which I am not too good to write it down within current time constraints

Regards

Coskan GUNDOGAR

Oracle DBA

Email: coskan_at_gmail.com