RE: Turning off Oracle Advanced Compression

From: Vishal Gupta <vishal_at_vishalgupta.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 12:57:22 +0100

This link could be useful.

http://blog.trivadis.com/blogs/mathiaszarick/archive/2010/06/09/advanced-compression-how-to-prevent-usage-if-not-licensed.aspx

Regards,
Vishal Gupta
http://www.vishalgupta.com

From: Martin Berger [mailto:martin.a.berger_at_gmail.com] Sent: Wed 27/10/2010 12:39
To: Vishal Gupta
Cc: oracle-l
Subject: Re: Turning off Oracle Advanced Compression

Even in 11.2.0.1 I did not find it in $ORACLE_HOME/bin/chopt.ini So for me it seems more a sales-bundle than a consistent technical implementation. Also the compression methods are quite different. I did not find anything useful on MOS also. probably a SR with Oracle support might help? or at least give an clear answer.