RE: Timezone file

From: Taylor, Chris David <ChrisDavid.Taylor_at_ingrambarge.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 12:12:56 -0500

No the info does not get stored in the database.

However, this path looks suspect:
/opt/PRODDB/oracle/product/10.2.0.4/oracore/zoneinfo/timezone.dat

Is there anything else between the "10.2.0.4" and the "oracore" in the path? Typically there's like a db_1 or something as part of the path.

If you don't have a timezone.dat file in that location, you should. If it is not there I would think there might be something missing from the install besides this file.

Chris Taylor
Sr. Oracle DBA
Ingram Barge Company
Nashville, TN 37205
Office: 615-517-3355
Cell: 615-663-1673
Email: chris.taylor_at_ingrambarge.com<mailto:chris.taylor_at_ingrambarge.com>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the information on any medium.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Mayen.Shah_at_lazard.com Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 8:19 AM
To: Oracle-L_at_FreeLists.org
Subject: Timezone file

Hi List Members,

I have rather strange issue.

Using RMAN I created a clone of PRODDB to DEVDB 10.2.0.4 on Solaris 10. No issue here. Trying to set Sybase replication going from oracle DEVDB to one of the sybase servers.

During repagent setup I am getting following error:

Command <pdb_xlog> failed - Could not initialize the primary database because: ORACLE_HOME could not be found to help locate timezone file because Could not find Oracle timezone file </opt/PRODDB/oracle/product/10.2.0.4/oracore/zoneinfo/timezone.dat>.. Please set ORACLE_HOME or update config property pdb_timezone_file.

It seems that sybase agent setup is trying to locate timezone.dat but getting path for timezone.dat file from PRODDB. As a work around I set pdb_timezone_file pointing to DEVDB timezone file and error disappeared.

I am running this on DEVDB and yes I checked ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_SID etc settings few hundred times and they all are pointing to DEVDB.

It is possible that timezone.dat file name and path may be stored somewhere inside the database, which did not get changed during database cloning, and sybase rep agent is looking at the information?

My question is that is there anywhere inside the database, timezone file name gets stored?

Thanks
Mayen